Saturday, September 10, 2011

Paradise on Earth, 51, Free speech cafe

I've heard that the author of these flyers might have fallen on hard times, and is trying to find a place to crash.  I do hope that s/he's okay.  Just to clarify the nature of this blog project, I'm interested in the actual content of the flyer series as a body of work--for me, it's a fascinating paranoia/Art Brut piece.  I find the juxtaposition of the increasingly weird content with the fairly moderate and coherent writing style irresistible.  And I wonder if this is the work of one person, or if the "Happiness Schools" organization in Iowa has something to do with them.  At any rate, I hope the author(s) are doing well, however they might define wellness.

Back to edition 51: "subliminals" continue to be discussed in greater detail.  Now they're coming through digital TV and the internet.  And their potential danger is briefly mentioned: "self-infliction."

I hope the folks who start building the wall on the West Coast stay away from open flames, considering all of the hairspray and insect repellent wafting around!

I do find myself in whole-hearted agreement with one paragraph of this flyer, though presumably for slightly different reasons: "Persons with advancements in technology need to consider advancements in society."  When society cannot advance then let's return to what is better for humans."  I'm exploring a variation of that notion toward its application to creative pursuits on my main blog, and hope to have a new post in that series in the next day or two.



No comments:

Post a Comment