Saturday, October 8, 2011

Paradise on Earth, 67, Physicians were self inflicted by Chinese

I'm still missing a few in the series, so here we'll jump to number 67.

The story toward the beginning of this one is of particular interest to me.  Here's what actually happened: the building hosting a doctors' office at 18th and O Streets is in the way of part of the Antelope Valley Project, and a new road is cutting into a significant portion of their parking area.  The physicians office there re-opened elsewhere in town.  The doctors, I am happy to report, are safe and sound, contrary to the flyers' tales of self-infliction.

This is close to my neighborhood, and I really liked being able to see a doctor without driving out to the 'burbs.  Fortunately, one of the doctors decided to open a solo practice and stay in the building.  And she, ironically, must be who the author is accusing of causing the rest of the doctors to "self-inflict."  But here's where it gets especially funny: she's not Chinese.  She's Vietnamese.  And there is another nearby neighborhood with a large Vietnamese population that she continues to serve.  And she continues to be my doctor, too.  I'll take my chances with subliminals if it means I can see a doctor without having to drive to the edges of town!

By the way, before I knew about this series of flyers, apparently their author had been positively blanketing the front of this building at 18th and O with a special non-numbered flyer made just for the occasion.  This apparently was happening throughout much of 2010.  The flyers would be torn down and she would re-paper the building with them a day or two later, and this went back and forth dozens of times.  There are copious amounts of tape residue left all over the front windows of the building.  For our next post, I'll see if I can dig one of those out...


No comments:

Post a Comment