Sunday, August 19, 2012

Paradise on Earth, Browns can have success in high school

I know I've included a general disclaimer before, but I find this flyer repugnant enough to say it again: I don't necessarily agree with any of the wild ideas in these flyers, but I'm posting them because they create a fascinating body of outsider art when considered as a whole.

But this is definitely a dark moment in the series. If you read through the somewhat cheery tone of this flyer, you have a person advocating that we turn high school classes for "brown" students into sweatshop labor camps because "these students like repetition," "combined with colorful threads." But don't worry: we'll put up "motivational" posters listing all of the dead-end jobs these students might expect to hold in their dismal futures (always the ticket agent or the baggage handler, never the pilot). The casual descent into really ugly racism is disturbing.


No comments:

Post a Comment